Thursday, April 1, 2010

Florence


“Were there none who were discontented with what they have, the world would never reach anything better.”

Florence Nightingale


Lately, my life has been very chaotic. Taking care of my family, going to graduate school, work, life in general has been overwhelming. However, God has consistently provided the energy and endurance needed to pursue my goals. I have discovered the need for knowledge and change never ceases.

On Tuesday I was informed that I received the honor of The Florence Nightingale award which is a huge honor in the field of nursing. I am humbled and grateful to be recognized by my peers and patients. Above is a favorite quote of mine by Flo. Florence was the ultimate example of the relentless need for patient advocacy. To receive an award bearing her name is amazing.

My dear nurse colleagues honored me in a way they knew would drive me crazy. Arriving at the hospital today I was greeted with the flyer above. It was plastered everywhere. On the surgeons office doors, the OR, the office. They got me good. I've never been a gracious receiver. In other words, I get easily embarrassed and don't like a lot of attention. So, my friends did their best to bring me both grief and honor. This blog is for all the nurses who work tirelessly to pursue greatness for the sake of better patient care and have fun in the midst of the chaos.

I love you all!!

Angie

No comments: