Monday, January 4, 2010

The Quigleys

I just put my second child on the school bus and in my pj’s and slippers and I am sitting down at the computer, ALONE in my house for the first time in 2 weeks. Most people think that I am a social butterfly who is always on the go. Actually, I cherish my alone time, and need more of it.

I didn’t feel like getting dressed and it was way too cold so Clay received a chauffeured ride to the bus stop. My neighbors had a small moving truck in front of their house. The Quigleys are moving to Seattle on Friday. They are an incredible couple and will be missed by all. That moving truck wouldn’t hold Patricks golf clubs, so who knows what it was doing there. As I drove past the Quigleys house I felt a bit of nostalgia. They are leaving, a new family is moving in and things will definitely be different.

On Saturday some of Jackie and Patricks friends had a party for them at a local establishment. Half of the city showed and it was a great time. My way in the door, I ran into an old high school buddy and his wife. They were also having a party with some other people from high school who needed an evening away from their kids.

The social butterfly side of my personality kicked into high gear. I mingled with my neighborhood friends, then mingled with my high school friends. Eventually my high school group mixed in with my neighborhood group and my evening was very fun, to say the least.

I graduated from high school 20 years ago and some of those people I haven’t seen since. It was wonderful to catch up and it felt as if no time had passed. As sad as we are to see the Quigleys leave I know that when we meet again it will be same; no time has past.

That evening was a small reminder of what a blessing friendships are in a persons life.
Patrick and Jackie..... your friends are only a email, or phone call away. We love you!

No comments: