Friday, December 11, 2009

Star Wars.....

I remember wearing a Star Wars silk screened T-shirt when I was 7 years old. I would watch the scene when Luke Skywalker starred off into the red sunset thinking about his family history. This was in the original Star Wars when he was still cute. I believe he was my first crush. I LOVED him.

As I matured my heart melted when Han Solo pushed Leia up against the wall of the Millennium Falcons’ engine room. He was a real man, he was a mercenary. Luke was just a boy. Regardless, I was a Star Wars fan from the beginning.

Its been fun watching my son Clay in his own crazy Star Wars adventure. The whole Clone Wars thing does absolutely nothing for me, but he is crazy about it.

I just returned from a concert with my family where the London Symphony Orchestra played the music from Star Wars and the C3P0 guy (Anthony Daniel's) narrated. I bought tickets 6 weeks ago and I was dreading it. There are some very strange Star Wars people out there. I think most of them were at the concert.

The whole Strader family went. Grace reminded us that this was a father son event, but we made her go anyway. The production was incredible. There was fire, lasers, and movie clips. Honestly, it rocked. So maybe I am a geek, but the bonding between my son and I was well worth it.

During one of the segments, Clay leaned over to me and said, “Mom, this is the part where Ana kin decided to go to the dark side and become part of the dark sith, it is bad, then he burns in the fire and becomes a machine.” Family fun!

No comments: