Friday, July 10, 2009

Back To School!

This morning the family and I went to Xavier University where I registered for graduate classes.

I have been given a full-ride scholarship from Cincinnati Children's to get my Masters in Nursing at Xavier University. I will attend class 1 day a week and graduate in 2.5 years. Words can not express my gratitude for the opportunity.

Xavier required a portfolio for admission that included an auto-biography, current CV, grades, recommendation letters and nursing goals. I had to submit the same for Cincinnati Children's along with reason's why I should receive the scholarship.

Honestly, I thought my chances were low and I kept the process a secret. I received word on Wednesday that I received the scholarship and acceptance to Xavier's graduate program. I am so grateful.

I start back to school on August 24th. My nursing advisor and I met today along with my curious husband and 2 children. Leave it to the Strader Clan to make a lasting first impression. In all seriousness, it warms my heart that Bryan is always looking out for me (and for his pocketbook). This opportunity did seem too good to be true, but it is the real deal.

This will be a great new adventure!

No comments: